Assalamualaikum and hello fellas!
Past two days, my cousin who pregnant asked me to bake Congo Bars for her. Okay, fine. I baked for her since she's craving for my Congo Bars and she is pregnant! Just want to remind to not hurt women's heart who are pregnant.
Some of my friends were asked for my Congo Bars recipe too.. So why not I share with them, right?
Okay, let's we start!
315g all-purpose (plain) flour
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt/ a pinch of salt
320g brown sugar
3 eggs (grade A)
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g chocolate chips
100g sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 170 °C for 20 minutes.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
3. In another bowl, stir in brown sugar and butter until it softened. Mix well.
4. Using electric mixer, beat in the vanilla, add eggs one at a time, beating until it fluffy.
5. Fold flour mixture, chocolate chips and sliced almonds into butter mixture using spatula. Let it mix well.
6. Grease the pan and spoon in the mixture. Optional: sprinkle with chocolate chips and sliced almonds.
7. Bake for 170 °C to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center of a Congo bars tests clean.
8. Let it cool completely and serve to your beloved friends and family.